We celebrated the launch of STEM Circuits on Jan. 15th in Evanston
- 4:00 to 4:15 pm – Check-in and welcome
- 4:15 to 4:25 pm – Short introduction by Colleen Zaccard, Chicago Women in STEM Initiative Chair, Postdoctoral Fellow, FSM
- 4:25 to 4:35 pm – Short talk by Yarrow Axford, Associate Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Weinberg College
- 4:35 to 5:15 pm – Small group discussion related to STEM mentoring
- 5:15 to 6:00 pm – Networking
Meet our speaker
Yarrow Axford is a geologist and Associate Professor in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Northwestern. Axford’s research examines the climate history of the Arctic. She has conducted field- and lab-based research in remote parts of the Arctic for more than 15 years. Axford teaches courses at Northwestern on Earth’s climate system, geologic methods, energy and sustainability. She also has a long-standing interest in science communication. Her opinion pieces have appeared in Science, U.S. News & World Report and Huffington Post, and she gives frequent public lectures on climate science. Axford currently serves on the Provost’s Advisory Council on Women Faculty and as a steering committee member for Northwestern’s Organization of Women Faculty.